Monday, February 20, 2012

NANAISMS- words whos origin is based on your grandmother/mother's vocabulary.

My positive energy must be at an all time high right now. Having both of my kids home for the weekend was a much needed fix...even better than a box of chocolates. They were in great spirits and made me laugh. I especially enjoyed the sketches and commentary left behind on the kitchen chalk board! Thanks Spencer!!! By the way, your Grandmother had an apoplexy (Nanaism) and yes, people can die from that.

Hayley and Brad baked Red Velvet cake as a "trial run" for my not so annual birthday and Spencer and I fixed the electrical switch on the bulk bin so that it wouldn't run it's contents out on the ground...again. Several of the cows laid down and calved Saturday afternoon while I took my nap and I was shocked to find them when I did my cow check. I should be fired but nobody died and I was there in time to help deliver a twin with a head turned back in a first-calf heifer. I got all of the calves tagged, vaccinated and brought in the next group of breds for the maternity pen.

I hate having twins, especially on heifers but luckily Ginger the wonder Jersey was set to calve. Again, the stars lined up and she calved Sunday evening. I acted quickly and grabbed one of the twins and as Ginger was calving I slathered (that's a Nanaism)the twin in her scent. By the time she got back up she thought that she had given birth to twins of her own. Now EVERYBODY is happy!!! The original momma only has to raise one baby, Ginger gets two calves to gorge on her mega milk factory and I don't have to go out and milk her...although I actually really enjoy it! So life is good, chores are done for the morning and I am going to enjoy a rainy day in the house!

1 comment:

  1. I think Nanaisms are great. My Nana is so cool that she has her own unique language. I'd say that's something worth valuing.

    ReplyDelete