Monday, February 6, 2012

PROCRASTINATION

pro·cras·ti·nate (pr-krst-nt, pr-)
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·ed, pro·cras·ti·nat·ing, pro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
v.tr.
To postpone or delay needlessly.
What a great way to start off Monday! My house needs a serious overhaul top to bottom and the sheer magnitude is overwhelming. I don't seem to be lacking motivation...I just don't have it as high on my priority list today. So am I a procrastinator? 1. I have already had my morning workout at the gym. 2. Chores are finished, cows have been checked twice and the wandering calf has been returned to momma. 3. I have had my morning cup of tea/caffeine and the pooches have savored their treats. 4. I have sent all of the correspondence that was required of me today. 5. I am ACTUALLY doing my blog! So, perhaps I am not a procrastinator by definition. I don't make a habit out of it and I can't say that I am being lazy today. SO WHY CAN'T I GET MY CLEANING ATTITUDE IN GEAR?!

OK, so I have four main areas that need a cleaning overhaul. Is there any reason that I can't just tackle them one day at a time? Sweet Jesus! (hey, that's a song!) Then it won't be so overwhelming. Or perhaps I just need some stronger motivation? I could get cleaned up and go to town for some serious Java infusion and possible that will just get my jiggy going and I can tackle the entire job. Or I could just sit here and blog all day until it's too late to get anything done. Too hell with it. I think I will just go find Mr. Clean and get down and dirty with him!! Look out kitchen...here I come!!!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/03/procrastination-isnt-what-you-think-it-is--sara-avery/

    ReplyDelete