Monday, July 13, 2009

Password Society

Have you noticed lately how everything we do requires a "password"? Our phones, our computers, our bank accounts...pretty soon we will need a password to access vending machines and gas pumps. Heck, essentially I even have to remember a password to get into my car! I hate passwords. For some reason, on Monday mornings when I am exhausted from the weekend and I have not had my daily requirement of caffeine my brain randomly shuts down it's "password" memory and I have to spend a few minutes of stressed out confusion trying to access any and all of my accounts.

I have tried to keep track of my passwords by writing them in a "secret book" but I never seem to have that book handy when I am having a password brain-fart. Or along with forgetting my password, I forgot the safe place I left the book. Then when I am completely at a loss I will change the password. That is simply a bad idea because no matter what I can never remember the clever NEW password the next time I need it because I didn't have my stupid clever book to write it in which, if I would have had it in the first place I wouldn't have had to change my password!

There is no password that is unforgettable. I have even tried using the word "PASSWORD" as my password. Clever huh? Yeah, well 24 hours later or after I have inadvertantly washed my clever little book with my jeans...GONE!!! I dunno...maybe it's my age. Maybe it's my hair color. Maybe it's that I can actually remember what life was like before Internet, cell phones and PASSWORDS!!! At any rate, now that I have rambled and vented about this subject I have completely forgotton what I was going to "blog" about! So for today I am going to suggest that somebody outthere name a bull PASSWORD. I think it has some genius marketing potential. Can you imagine the response when you ask anyone if they have seen PASSWORD? They will think that they are privy to some deep secret that should never be shared with others! They will all want to know what it is and get access to it. You could even refer to his semen code as his PIN number!

No comments:

Post a Comment