Friday, July 17, 2009

Breaking out the sweaters

I woke up this morning with my nose sticking out from under my goose down quilt. I thought I was dreaming. It's the middle of July in Iowa! I am afraid that the calves that Mickey Peck sent up from the furnace of Oklahoma are going to go into shock. Even the yearling bred heifers in the oak grove look fuzzy this morning. I can't believe this weather but I will certainly enjoy every minute of it. It's almost noon and it's only 63 degrees. WOW!!!

Today kicks off the annual Darrell Nissen Memorial Calf show in Denison. This weather should really help bring out more market animals. I am looking forward to seeing everyone today and hope to spend some time this evening at the bunk house having some bbq and beverages. I am sure the front porch will be full but there is always room for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment