Monday, July 20, 2009

Interesting weekend




Have you ever had that feeling that somebody is watching you? You know, the one where you look around and think that someone is hiding behind a tree waiting to jump out and scare you? I had that feeling yesterday. Darby went behind the bunkhouse and I saw him looking at something. When I investigated I saw a skunk crouched on the ground and I shrieked at Darby to try and get him away. Luckily SOME of our training sessions paid off because as soon as I called to "leave it" he backed away and jumped in the Kubota. I promptly stuck him in the house and headed for my son's gun.
I couldn't find the pin-striped little bugger and was kind of happy since I didn't really want to be part of his demise if he was just out wandering around. I really didn't think much more about it until the hair stood up on the back of my neck after I had been fixing fence for a while. When I turned around he was staggering towards me. He stopped for a minute, smelled the air and then continued to try rip me to shreds...or so I imagined. At that point I did what any normal woman would do...I RAN AWAY!!!! I called Brad and encouraged him to get his tush down the hill with the gun and save me from certain death!!!
The skunk decided to take another break in the shade of Brad's new smoker. BIG MISTAKE!!! Apparently it's ok to mess with me but DO NOT MESS WITH BRAD'S SMOKER!!!!! Needless to say the place looked like a crime scene. I don't know much about guns...or ammo...but apparently deer slugs will pretty much take care of a sick skunk. That's all I have to say about that.
As for the picture of my shop foreman...well, let me just say that Brad is NOT just a desk jockey. He has multiple talents and I am especially happy that running a welder and plasma cutter are part of them. Of course, you "might be a redneck if..." your honey-do list includes adding three feet to the length of your working chute. I do love that man...really!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment