Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another day in Paradise

It's pretty quiet here today in Paradise. I am worried about the weather as it hasn't rained in almost 24 hours. I hope this isn't a trend! If this keeps up I may have to put my hip waders away and get out my Justins. The temperature is perfect and I think the calves are even laying out in the sun to try and stay a bit warmer. I love days like this.

Brad and I spent a good share of the day in an orientation meeting for Rotary exchange families. It was really interesting to meet with the other families and kids that are going to be going abroad. I am pretty excited but I think that it was a bit of a reality check. Our nest is seriously going to be empty and there aren't going to be any weekend visits or "home for the holidays" for the next year. I think that the emotions are going to run pretty deep over the next few weeks.

Nick is back from his trip and is working hard on the calves. I am not going to brag on him much because I am afraid that somebody will hire him away. He has been fabulous though and I don't know what I am going to do when he goes back to school. It is so hard to find somebody that respects the animals and is willing to work with them and treat them the same way that I do. He gets a little keyed up now and then but if he ever learns how to handle the "mule" I think that he will really be an asset to our program! BTW, if you can't tell...this is sarcasm.

So, gotta run. Going to Bonner's for a "Mario Kart Smackdown" and eat homemade bars before going to the movie. I have no idea what some of this is but I vowed to be random today and enjoy one of the last few days with my daughter.

Until tomorrow,
Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment