Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Smokin' at the bunkhouse.




Sorry I haven't been around for a while. It's been a mad rush here trying to get things ready. We have all worked our tails off trying to get the calves that are already here down to the front pasture. My brother, Erik, was back for a few days and he helped out a lot at the bunk house. Well, mostly he helped us fire up the smoker (by the truck) and smoke a ribeye loin. It was incredible but I suppose most of the credit goes to my beloved.


We spent the weekend installing two new shade canopies for two of the paddocks that were lacking shaded areas. Thanks to my ENTIRE family we were able to get them all put together and nobody was injured...but it was close! As you can see Brad was truly into the spirit of the task! It was especially nice to have my father overseeing the job.
Now that the shades are in place all of the calves that are here thus far have been moved, are clipped and are being rinsed every day for the sale. They are looking fabulous but I don't think that they are liking the warmer weather we are getting right now. It's still the coolest summer in history!





No comments:

Post a Comment