Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rain drops

Well, I got up early and I have rinsed ALL of the calves. I am Wonder Woman! Actually, it's been raining like a monsoon here all day. I can't believe this is August! The funniest part is that I am sitting here inside the bunk house watching somebody actually walk through the calves!

It smells great in here today. I lit a few candles and, mixed with the rain, it is very refreshing. Actually the bunk house even has a hint of homemade brownies...burnt! I baked a pan of brownies after lunch and and ran down here to get something...that was a mistake. One thing led to another and I didn't get back to the house in time. I could tell something was not good even before I opened my front door. I think the smell of burnt brownies sticks to everything. Oh well, I guess I will give it another try. It will be something to keep me from pacing around the porch on a day like today.

I sent Ryan home for a day off and Jade has been cleaning the shop, working on the show cattle and guarding the sale cattle. I think they were both ready for a little down time. We'll be going full throttle tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment