Friday, August 28, 2009

Waitin' on the "stuff"

No matter how well we plan our lives nothing ever seems to go the way you would like. In a perfect world...well, as of 4:10 P.M. today I just couldn't find that world. I am finding that being responsible for the care and marketing of the livelihood of over a dozen consignors can be a huge weight to carry at times. I have run everything as if it were my own; doing everything above and beyond the job. So far things have gone very well and I am very happy with how things are progressing and how great the calves are looking. The bunkhouse is open and ready for business. We are equipped with computer/web connections so we can use the online bidding and website. We have current bids listed on boards for all of our visitors to see, cattle are all feeling good and are getting rinsed and re-clipped in the "cowboy spa" , traffic and bidding is rolling, calves are sorted and ready to go, pictures and video have been taken and are up on the internet...well almost. O.K., so NOT perfect, but they will be VERY VERY SOON!! The editor had a little tornado issue. Sorry Texas folks...we'd send you some of this weather if we could...not a perfect world!

I hadn't heard from one of my consignors for a while and I was getting really restless about it. I like to keep in touch with my consignors but I don't like to be a pest so I hadn't flipped open the phone lately. I guess I should have. I was very heartbroken to hear this morning that Jeff and Toni Scott had a new baby boy and that het is in intensive care. I am so happy to hear about their new arrival and I am going to be sending my best for his speedy recovery! Welcome to Club Calf Paradise Jacob Jeff Scott!!! New babies...sometimes the world is a little closer to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment