Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where's my camera when I need it?

I was driving north west out of Denison yesterday afternoon to look at some calves and glanced in my rearview mirror to see a funnel dipping out of the clouds directly behind me. We had received almost two inches of rain in the morning but the bad weather had long passed. There were plenty of clouds but I was still wearing my sunglasses because the sun was shining through intermitently. It really didn't look like tornado weather...or what I thought seemed like tornado weather. I called my daughter to have her look at the radar but she didn't see anything. The funnel kept lowering and lifting and was really interesting to watch...in my rearview mirror! I told several people that I talked to after that about seeing a funnel and they all laughed at me. This morning I logged onto my weather site and found this storm report:

Local Storm Report


07/30/2010 0420 PM

2 miles W of Denison, Crawford County.

Funnel cloud, reported by Emergency Mngr.


Emergency manager and public reports of funnel cloud
dropping out of cumulus cloud.


I'm just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment