Monday, July 12, 2010

Pennies in the Doorway

Now I'm not much for "voodoo" but every now and then I scratch my head and wonder if some of that hocus pocus stuff really works. I always joke with my ET people that I wave dead chickens over my donors when I am giving shots and that is why we are always so successful with our flushes. I honestly think one of them believes me! Fact is, if I really thought it would help I would probably do it.

I heard a good one the other day though that beats waving a dead chicken all to heaven. Somebody told me to put six new pennies in a ziploc bag with a little water and hang one in the doorway of my barn...or anywhere in my barn. The story goes that the flies see the pannies in the bag and freak out because they think they are a predator. They fly away, never to return. You can't imagine how hard I laughed at that one. This guy hadn't even been drinking either!

I am always fighting flies at the bunkhouse. Even though I have a screened doorway they still find their way in or cover the screens like butter when the evening rolls around. I hate them and most of all I hate spraying toxic chemicals to detract the little boogers. OK, I know it's crazy, but it was such a tall tale that I just HAD to try it out. So I set about hanging penny laten water bags in the doorway and inside the bunkhouse. I am tough, I can take the ribbing and laughter from everyone that has stopped by. Funny enough though...I defy them to find a bothersome fly in the bunkhouse. Guess it beats a dead chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment