Monday, July 19, 2010

When it's time to let go


I saw this apple picker in the back of someone's pickup the other day and it reminded me of that Swiffer commercial where they put the old mop out in the trash but it keeps trying to find its way back into the house. There is one thing I know for sure. I would hire the owner of this picker to work for me ANY DAY!!! Obviously that person was committed to his work; enough so that he became attached to this particular picker up until the point where you couldn't even use it to speer a watermelon! Even at the point where he realized that it no longer served its purpose he was not able to throw it on the burn pile to let nature take its course. I think we could all take a lesson in being conservative and less wastefull. I am a guilty as anyone for just running to the store when something breaks instead of trying to fix it. However, I think that there comes a time when you just have to let go and succomb to the fact that it's time to let go. There is obviously a point when efficiency is more important than being conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment