Thursday, August 5, 2010

When you just don't want dreams to come true!


I had the great fun of helping Hayley pick up her books for college the other day. It was like traveling back in time as we walked around the shelves at the university book store looking for grossly over-priced books that would be used for a few short months and then sold back to the same store for pennies so they could smack a "used" sticker on it and sell it for almost the same new price. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I was wandering aimlessly around those shelves looking for my own books.

I rounded a corner and had to control my laughter. It was at that moment that I was incredibly thankful that I wasn't in my daughter's shoes. I can say with a great degree of certainty that my recurring dream of going back to college and living the glam college life completly drained from my system permanantly. Standing before me...three rows high...was a pile of books like this. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment