Saturday, April 16, 2011

I liked the old me.

Forgive me Blogger for I have been negligent. It has been three months since my last blog. The seasons have changed; Spring is here. The cows are done calving, the fields are being prepared for seed, the birds have all returned and are "twiterpated" and the famed Eagles are busy feeding their young. This is my happy season but I can't seem to convince myself to indulge in the festivities of Spring. It's been a long winter and the death of my father has taken its toll on all of us.

Somewhere along this long road I not only lost my father but I lost ME. I don't know where I went. I used to have a rather sick sense of humor, a positive "glass is half full" attitude and a general attitude that no matter how crappy things seemed that there was ALWAYS something positive that could be gleaned from the situation. Somewhere during the last three months I turned my back on that person. God I'm stupid! I have wallowed in sadness for too long and frankly I am sick of it. It's exhausting and nonproductive. It even makes my tukus get bigger! (This new Juli eats too much when things are dark) That is just unacceptable to the old me.

So Blogger, starting today I am going to open the door to the old Juli and let her back into my life. I am ready to enjoy a little sunshine and silliness along with the other attributes that were once part of her life. Mostly I am ready to soak up the enjoyment of my family, friends and livestock. My father's life was about his roots; the family roots, the community roots and the roots to the land. It's time for me to follow MY roots. I am off to find some Miracle Grow!!

1 comment: